Skip to main content

Life as we know it

In February 2015 we received the devastating news that my Dad had Stage 4 colon cancer and in April 2015 my brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer. Dad sadly passed away in December 2015 followed by my brother in March 2016 😭. It was only myself and Mom that was left. We were devastated and not knowing how we would carry on without them.

I must say that I get my strength from my Mom, she is such an amazing and strong woman 💖 and I am so proud to be called her daughter.

We, unfortunately, buried both of them on our own as my husband (the only son-in-law) didn't feel the need to be present during the burial periods. So you can see why I feel that he is a selfish, inconsiderate man (I could use stronger words but let's leave it at that).

Not too long ago he lost his Mom and I was present for the funeral as a wife and just before Christmas 2020, he lost his Father. Due to the Covid pandemic, I was not present for the funeral.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

A few nights ago I got a message from my soon to be ex-husband that he wants to agree to have a mutual divorce. To tell you the honest truth deep down I was really hoping and praying for this agreement for more than 4 years but somehow I felt like this is not actually what I wanted. I wanted him to fight for our marriage to actually make an effort to save the marriage but unfortunately, this is and was never the case with him. Since that night I decided that I need to start living my life without expecting anything from anyone. I was always the type of person that would lookout for the person. I would never utter a single word about my feelings or what I wanted but yes people, I now have decided enough is enough and do what I want. This has now led me to start writing my blog. Fortunately, we never had any kids and for this, I am grateful. Imagine growing up with a father/husband that has no respect for himself, his wife, his pets, or his family. He was the type of man that would only